[racket] Problems trying to do non-blocking I/O and a reactor loop

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 4 12:33:35 EDT 2012

At Fri, 3 Aug 2012 20:51:37 -0400, Greg Hendershott wrote:
> 1. Bad news: The reqs/sec seem much lower than before. i.e. Does the
> bug fix have a performance hit?

That's not expected. It's possible that the broken version took
shortcuts that happened to work out much of the time, but I'm not sure.

> 2. Good news: The "input port closed" error seemed to be gone with
> 5.3.0.16. Except ...
>
> 3. Bad news: I just got it to happen again, with 5.3.0.16:

I see how that could happen, and I've pushed a repair --- mostly by
improving the guarantees about progress evts. (I think it's too late to
include this repair in v5.3, though.)

Posted on the users mailing list.