[racket] Another PLaneTs crypto lib usage question?...

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 19:50:24 EDT 2012

Try calling cipher-encrypt, which is a lower-level interface, instead
of the encrypt routine. The last part of Section 8.2 of the crypto
document is an example. Here is the example modified with padding
turned off. Note that in this case the message must a multiple of the
block size (96 in the case of aes:128), since there is no padding.

---

#lang racket

(require (planet vyzo/crypto) (planet vyzo/crypto/util))

(define (my-encrypt key iv)
  (lambda (ptext)
    (let ((octx (cipher-encrypt cipher:aes-128 key iv
                                #:padding #f)))
      (bytes-append (cipher-update! octx ptext)
                    (cipher-final! octx)))))

(define (my-decrypt key iv)
  (lambda (ctext)
    (let ((ictx (cipher-decrypt cipher:aes-128 key iv
                                #:padding #f)))
      (bytes-append (cipher-update! ictx ctext)
                    (cipher-final! ictx)))))

(define msg #"There is a cat in the box.There is a cat in the
box.There is a cat in the box.There is a cat in ")

(define-values (key iv) (generate-key cipher:aes-128))

((my-decrypt key iv) ((my-encrypt key iv) msg))

---

Doug

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Rüdiger Asche <rac at ruediger-asche.de> wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure if that answers my question... I now understand that #:padding depicts an optional named parameter, but
>
> (define dummy (encrypt cipher:aes-128 devicekey nonce #"1234567887654321" #:padding #f))
>
> is not accepted by Racket, so how would I do it?
>
> Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.