[racket] Example of using OpenSSL instead of mzcrypto

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Apr 24 15:13:30 EDT 2012

Galler wrote at 04/24/2012 01:14 PM:
> Neil V. mentioned his preference for directly calling the OpenSSL
> libraries

To be clear, OpenSSL includes both linkable native code libraries and
the "openssl" command-line executable.  I have had good success using
various crypto algorithms by calling the command-line executable from
Racket, but I often avoid linking any native code libraries into Racket
directly.

One reason for avoiding linking native code libraries is that they are
often written in C/C++, and this means that memory-corrupting bugs often
exist in them.  Memory-corrupting bugs can be a nightmare for debugging,
and I prefer to keep sources of them isolated in native processes,
separate from the native processes that are hosting Racket code.

>   vs. using  mzcrypto (planet vyzo/crypto)

I'm not yet familiar with "vyzo/crypto", and have no specific preference
over it.  I look forward to taking a good look at it when I get a chance.

Neil V.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/