[racket] scribble/lp: comments stripped, how to stop?

From: Deren Dohoda (deren.dohoda at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 16:53:34 EDT 2012

I have finally started learning scribble for use in literate
programming to break away from noweb for Racket. It's quite excellent,
I am glad to be making the switch. Thank everyone for their work. I
miss the math of latex but it isn't a dealbreaker.

However, part of writing code is commenting the code for reminders of
why little bits are the way they are. The problem is that the scribble
HTML output has stripped all comments from the chunks. I have tried
digging down into scribble/lp but I must admit the guts are outside my
ability to understand. I'm guessing it is because the reader has
already stripped comments from the syntax by the time Racket gets to
the "chunk" syntax rule. The one bit that seems to indicate it strips
comments (code:comment) never seems to be used anywhere. I know that
there are code examples with comments in the Racket documentation. Is
there any way to keep code comments preserved in the scribbled view of
chunks?

Thanks,
Deren

Posted on the users mailing list.