[racket] (no subject)

From: ashok bakthavathsalam (lifebalance at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 09:41:58 EDT 2012

For the benefit of the members on this mailing list, I am
cross-posting a question
<http://bit.ly/JmB931>I asked on StackOverflow and the excellent answers
therein.

"I hacked together several code snippets from various sources and
created a crude
implementation <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10901898/yearcalc.rkt> of a Wolfram
Blog article at http://bit.ly/HWdUqK - for those of you that are
mathematically inclined, this might be very interesting. Not surprisingly,
given that I'm still a novice at Racket, the code takes too much time to
calculate the results (>90 min versus 49 seconds for the author) and eats
up a lot of memory. I suspect it is all about the definition (expListY)
which needs to be reworked. Anybody want to take a stab at improving the
performance and efficiency? I apologize for the unintelligible code and
lack of better code comments."

  % ashok