[racket] Question about match in typed/racket

From: Timothy Nelson (tbnelson at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 21:43:20 EDT 2012

One more question. Thanks for your patience. :-)

I had this before:
(list args ...)

which became:
(list #{args : (Listof Sexp)} ...)

Now suppose I want to match only a list of *symbols* instead of a list of
Sexps, finishing with a symbol bound separately. In normal Racket, this
would be:

> (match '(a b c)
    [(list (? symbol? args) ... (? symbol? lastarg))
     (list args lastarg)])
'((a b) c)

If I leave this as-is in typed/racket I naturally get the same error as
before, but if I annotate args in the same way as in my last question:
(list (? symbol? #{args : (Listof Symbol)}) ... (? symbol? lastarg))

I get a bizarre type error: "Type Checker: Expected (Listof Symbol), but
got (Listof Any) in:", and then my entire (match ...).

If I annotate the (? symbol args) instead of just args -- I wasn't sure
what the right syntax was -- I get the original expected (Listof Symbol)
got (Listof Any) error.

Am I mis-using annotations?

Thanks,
- Tim