[racket] Are There More String Functions?

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 12 17:47:26 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-12 10:43:15 -0700, Cristian Esquivias wrote:
> As a slight aside, is this module mentioned anywhere in the Racket
> Guide or Racket Reference? I tried to RTFM as much as possible but
> didn't see this module mentioned anywhere in the string pages. Should
> this module be mentioned for others like me?

I think that's an interesting point and has been brought up before on
this list: what's the official stance on SRFIs? On the documentation
page they are near the bottom in "Miscellaneous libraries".

If their use is encouraged, maybe doc pages should have a pointer in the
margin similar to how reference entries point to guide entries. For
example, the string section in the reference could point to SRFI-13.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.