[racket] db not in collects

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 15:14:36 EDT 2012

On 04/09/2012 03:13 PM, J G Cho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just compiled racket-textual-5.2.1-src-unix.tgz on Ubuntu and
> discovered that db module is not in collects directory.
>
> Not clear why so. I used db in Servlet without DrRacket before.
> Anyhow, how can I get it after the installation.

It looks like the db collection was not listed as part of the textual
distribution. (It should be in the full distribution, though.) Unless
anyone objects, I'll change it to be part of the textual distribution
for the next release, 5.3, due later this month.

To add the db collection to your build, go to the Racket root directory
(the one that contains the "collects" directory) and run

   git archive --remote=git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git v5.2.1 \
     -- collects/db | tar x

That will fetch version 5.2.1 of the db library. Then run

   ./bin/raco setup

to compile it and build the documentation.

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.