[racket] Creating languages in Dr.Racket

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 8 09:26:34 EDT 2012

There are a number of papers about building languages in Racket.
First, in the last year, a couple excellent tutorials have been

  Fudging up a Racket, by Danny Yoo: http://hashcollision.org/brainfudge/
  Creating Languages in Racket, by Matthew Flatt:

Second, there are academic papers about creating languages in Racket:
  Languages as Libraries: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/racket/pubs/pldi11-thacff.pdf
  Advanced Macrology and the Implementation of Typed Scheme:
  Scribble: http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/icfp09-fbf.pdf
  Composable and Compilable Macros:
  (and plenty of others)

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 4:42 AM, VUB Simon <sdeschut at vub.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
> For my master thesis I'm exploring the constructs available in Dr.Racket for creating languages.
> Now my question is whether these different constructs or the possibility to create custom languages in racket in general are based on some kind of model?
> Also, if there is in fact a model, are there any papers or some other lecture handling about this model?
> Thanks in advance,
> Simon
> ps: I have problems with posting to the user list, so it can be that this message appears multiple times.
>  Racket Users list:
>  http://lists.racket-lang.org/users

sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu