[racket] Clarification on licensing of Racket code?...

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Apr 6 04:06:44 EDT 2012

20 minutes ago, Rüdiger Asche wrote:
> If I understand the spirit of the FSF (which is responsible for the
> GPL and LGPL licensing model) as well as the LGPL text correctly,
> this setup would automatically require that the product itself falls
> under the LGPL, implying that I would have to disclose the source
> for the product as well, right?

No, that's a roughly description of GPL.  With the LGPL you're free to
do whatever you want to do -- you're only required to make public any
patches you did to the code you're using (ie, fixes and extensions to
racket itself), but your own code is yours.  (And Racket is using the
LGPL to *encourage* such uses.)