[racket] display problem

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 5 12:53:58 EDT 2012

> I have a struct which contains text and the place of a cursor.
> The place are 2 strings which contains the character on the left and on the
> right of the cursor.
> Now I have to display this.
> But I wonder how I can set the cursor on the right place when I can't know
> the numbers where between the cursor is placed.
> I know that the characters are 11 pixels.

I think we need more information, as I'm still a little confused.  Can
you give a few examples of the struct values you are using?  It's a
bit unclear from the prose alone what these values look like.

By "cursor", can you be more specific?  Do you mean a cursor on a
racket/gui text% instance?  Do you mean a cursor that refers to the
"graphical editor" example in HtDP 2ed?

We need more context because there's not enough information in the
question to tell what you're trying to do yet.

Good luck!

Posted on the users mailing list.