[racket] Prince Kuhio Day Failure Followup

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 2 13:53:16 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:
>> In order to avoid problems similar to the failure that caused
>> DrRacket to fail to start up on 3/26, we've added new tests to
>> DrRacket. DrDr (http://drdr.racket-lang.org) will now, after
>> every push, run a script to start up DrRacket multiple times,
>> once for each different easter egg splash screen.
>
> +1.
>
> I'm really glad to see this testing framework in place.  I especially
> like that the test is making sure the evaluator can be brought up and
> running.  It looks like a great example of the gui framework test
> library (http://docs.racket-lang.org/framework/Test.html)

This particular one has some complications since it starts up DrRacket
multiple times, and thus has to do some fiddly namespace & thread-type
things to make that work that most test suites won't need to do.

But if there is interest in using that library, I'd try to write a
little tutorial that works thru something.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.