[racket] Question about round

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 10:32:59 EDT 2011

Agreed in general, but I think we want an exact positive and negative
infinity, not more confusion to the coercion rules.  Ironically R6RS
includes max and min integers (at least I have a vague memory of such
an addition) which will do the job.

N.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Doug Williams
<m.douglas.williams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another such annoyance is than (min 1 +inf.0) => 1.0 - because if any
> argument is inexact, the result is inexact. I don't think this makes sense
> in the case of infinities. Infinities are very useful as initial values for
> things that are being minimized or maximized, but there is always the need
> for inexact->exact to protect against the (unexpected) coercion.

Posted on the users mailing list.