[racket] Looking for awk examples

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 29 15:11:54 EDT 2011

The awk macro refers to the documentation in scsh; there are examples
of the awk macro there in:

Some of the examples there may need some adaptation, as I don't think
Racket has an "sre" library to support the writing regexps with
s-expressions.  Here's one adapted example:

#lang racket/base
(require mzlib/awk)

;; Reads the number of uncommented lines
(awk (read-line) (line) ((nlines 0))
  ("^\\s*;"  nlines)              ; A comment line.
  (else (+ nlines 1)))            ; Not a comment line.

The original sre for this was (: bos (* white) ";"), which I've
translated to a string representation that appears to be effective.
But it's not obvious from the documentation what kind of regular
expression strings are allowed by this mzlib/awk library, though.

Related: it's one of the "Larger Projects" proposed on the wiki, to
make a modern #lang scsh:

Posted on the users mailing list.