[racket] [Geiser-users] Issue with Geiser and Racket 5.1.3 on Windows

From: Conor Beverland (cbeverland at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 28 02:24:56 EDT 2011

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao at gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Conor,
>
> On Wed, Sep 28 2011, Conor Beverland wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Cross posting to Racket Users and Geiser Users lists.
>>
>> I'm reading SICP and have been using #lang planet neil/sicp
>>
>> For some time I've been using Geiser 0.1.3 on Windows 7 with Racket
>> 5.1 without issue.
>>
>> I upgraded to Racket 5.1.3 and now when I use C-c C-a to enter any
>> module (even a single define) which has #lang planet neil/sicp at the
>> top it enters an infinite loop printing error messages that can be
>> seen here: http://pastebin.com/rSB0mGXb
>
> I just checked in linux, and i cannot reproduce the problem.  I
> installed neil/sicp by running a simple rkt file in DrRacket, and it
> reported some problems with soegaard/sicp while building the scribble
> docs, but nothing else (and the package code seems to be alright).
>
> [...]
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> One thing to try to see if Geiser's the culprit here is opening a racket
> terminal session outside emacs, and entering the module using Racket's
> enter! macro:
>
>    > (enter! "sicp-test.rkt")
>
> If that works, the problem is most probably on Geiser's side and we can
> try to debug things via mail if you're patient enough :)

That causes the same issue. As Neil said in his reply it was only
intended to work in DrScheme anyway - since it still does work in
DrRacket and I can fall back to V5.1 for the remainder of SICP with
Geiser anyway I agree with Neil that it's not a high priority to fix.

> Cheers,
> jao

Posted on the users mailing list.