[racket] Issue with Geiser and Racket 5.1.3 on Windows

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 27 22:24:18 EDT 2011

"neil/sicp" might well be at fault, due to bit-rot from the kludgey way
in which it was written, combined with changes in Racket.  Check Syntax
also broke for "neil/sicp".

However, perhaps the Geiser people can look at this first, since it
looks like it could be a bug Geiser?

"neil/sicp" is specifically for doing SICP using DrScheme (now,
DrRacket).  I expressly haven't spent time on making it work with Emacs,
Quack, Geiser, or anything else.  That's because I don't have the time,
and it seems a low priority, given that I suspect most people wanting to
run in Emacs could just use MIT Scheme (perhaps using virtualization).
MIT Scheme is how the SICP exercises were intended to be done.

I do have to look at the Check Syntax problem in any case, unless
someone wants to take over the project of providing SICP support for
Racket.  It *really* wants an RA or TA to spend a semester doing it
right: rewriting the #lang in a more contemporary Racket way, and
providing something like teachpacks for each problem set.  Or perhaps
someone could do this polish as a side project, as they are working
through SICP themselves.  Please email me if you're up to this.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/