[racket] using scribble --pdf on Windows

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 25 14:53:10 EDT 2011

Hm. SOrry I don't have any good ideas. You might try to see if there
is anything illuminating the stdout of the latex process when scribble
runs it (but finding the place it is runnning latex and adjusting the
call to make the stdout visible). Otherwise, I guess you have to just
run --latex and run latex yourself directly for the moment.

Sorry,
Robby

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Yes.  That's why I ran scribble --pdf afterwards in that directory (in
> the hope it'd pick up that log file, but it didn't, ergo my belief
> it's running somewhere else).
>
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> When you run pdflatex yourself, do you get a .log file?
>>
>> Robby
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
>>> Sorry, should have pointed that out.  No, I don't see a log file.
>>> There are no output files of any sort when scribble is done.  I would
>>> have anyway thought scribble was doing all this in some tmp directory
>>> somewhere else.
>>>
>>> Aha, I just found out that there's a scribble --latex option.  I ran
>>> that and it produced a .tex file, which went through pdflatex without
>>> a problem (yes, I used the explicit path to pdflatex printed by
>>> DrRacket), and the resulting PDF looks good.  So the problem is
>>> presumably in the interaction between scribble and pdflatex.
>>>
>>> Running scribble --pdf in that same directory, however, still produces
>>> the same error, reinforcing my belief that scribble is running
>>> pdflatex in some temp directory where it's still looking for a
>>> non-existent .log.
>>>
>>> [Incidentally, I found out about --latex from running scribble --help.
>>>  This claims that the default is --text.  I believe this is wrong: the
>>> default appears to actually be --html.]
>>>
>>> Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.