[racket] Racket style guide (was Re: Argument order conventions (was: Variable naming conventions))

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 12:00:43 EDT 2011

Matthias,

In the style guide it suggests requires, auxiliary concepts related to the
contracts,  provide/contract, and then the body of the module. One problem I
have is that I often use structs to define new data types and use the
resulting structure type predicate - <type name>? - in many contracts. This
forces the provide/contract to be at (or near) the bottom of the module. So,
I had just started putting it there all the time. [The provide/contract
seems to require the 'auxiliary concepts' to already be defined.]

Would it be better for me to define a <type name>/c flat-named contract for
the struct and move it back to the top? I assume I can use a forward
reference to a module variable - i.e., <type name>? - in the
named-flat-contract.

Doug