[racket] Off topic: A curriculum (books, papers, essays) for how to design and implement compilers and interpreters?

From: Charlie Turner (charlicon at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 14:12:08 EDT 2011

On 18/09/11 18:27, Grant Rettke wrote:
> If you could compose the perfect course of reading (books, papers,
> essays) for a student to follow to learn how to design and implement
> compilers and interpreters what would it look like?
More generally (in the scope of PLT), I've found the following resources
very helpful:

http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/492 (and the root site)
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Techno/ProgrammingLanguageTheoryTextsOnline

Obviously, they haven't been organised into a course.

So far, as an undergraduate student, the books I've found most
accessible & helpful in this area have been SICP, PLAI, EOPL, Lisp In
Small Pieces, Programming Language Pragmatics and the Dragon book.

Disclaimer: I've no experience teaching or designing curriculum, or much
experience designing and implementing compilers/interpreters.

HTH,
Charlie.

Posted on the users mailing list.