[racket] Too Many Redirects (Apache)

From: Jeremy Kun (kun.jeremy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 16 01:13:12 EDT 2011

I'm trying to set up Apache to redirect to the Racket web server on port
8080. Originally after modifying my http configuration file to include the
correct RewriteEngine and RewriteRule lines from this
page<http://docs.racket-lang.org/web-server-internal/Troubleshooting_and_Tips.html#%28part._.How_do_.I_use_.Apache_with_the_.Racket_.Web_.Server_%29>,
I got the following error message:

[Thu Sep 15 21:43:19 2011] [error] (13)Permission denied: proxy: HTTP:
attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 (*) failed

A quick google search gives that the problem might be in the SELinux
security setting: *Allow HTTPD scripts and modules to connect to the
network, *which I suppose is turned off. So I ran

sudo /usr/sbin/setsebool httpd_can_network_connect 1

Now it appears to redirect (the racket web server logs show GET requests
from 127.0.0.1), but now it appears to be stuck in an infinite redirect
loop, resulting in the following Apache error message:

[Thu Sep 15 21:57:49 2011] [error] (111)Connection refused: proxy: HTTP:
attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 (*) failed

And an error page with Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I can't figure out where the
redirection is breaking down. There aren't any error messages in the racket
error logs, just an unnaturally large number of GET requests from 127.0.0.1.

Regards,
Jeremy