[racket] Check Syntax no longer works for SICP?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Sep 14 15:19:42 EDT 2011

The small tweaks to Racket for SICP
("http://www.neilvandyke.org/racket-sicp/") stopped working with Check
Syntax at some point.  Any pointers to how to quickly get it working again?

* If using "#lang planet neil/sicp", then the "Check Syntax" button no
longer appears.

* If using "SICP (PLaneT 1.5)" from the "Choose Language" dialog, then
the "Check Syntax" button is there, but clicking it when the
"Definitions" pane content is "(define a 3)" gives a "Check Syntax Error
Message" message like: "compile: unbound identifier (and no #%app syntax
transformer is bound) in: #%top-interaction".  The "Run" button works
with this same code, however.

As I recall, the SICP language support does some bastardized stuff with
the R5RS language, from before language extension was documented quite
so nicely as it is now, and I notice that the "R5RS" works with Check
Syntax, so probably the SICP stuff should be thrown out and started
over.  However, if there's a quick fix somebody knows, I can get to that
sooner.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/