[racket] Building a server that responds to POST/PUT/DELETE requests

From: Daniel MacDougall (dmacdougall at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 14:29:41 EDT 2011

Thanks for the reply. See below for the server code I'm using.

I narrowed down the problem a bit and there are actually two different but
related issues. The first is that request data is ignored for non-POST,
non-PUT requests:

$ curl http://localhost:8000 -d "abcd" -X POST

$ curl http://localhost:8000 -d "abcd" -X PATCH

The second problem is that POST and PUT requests hang when no request body
is specified:

$ curl http://localhost:8000 -X POST (hangs)
$ curl http://localhost:8000 -X PUT (hangs)

No server errors, even after killing the request. I imagine the server is
waiting on the request stream to parse a request body that will never come.

Daniel

---

And here's the server code:

#lang racket

(require web-server/servlet-env
         web-server/http/xexpr
         web-server/http/request-structs
         web-server/dispatch)

(define-values (app-dispatch app-url)
    (dispatch-rules
     [else index]))

(define (index req)
  (response/xexpr `(html (p ,(bytes->string/utf-8 (request-method req)))
                         (p ,(cond ((bytes? (request-post-data/raw req))
                                    (bytes->string/utf-8
(request-post-data/raw req)))
                                   (else "No request body"))))))

(serve/servlet app-dispatch