[racket] planet/scribble and versions

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Sep 8 21:36:55 EDT 2011

Are the macros for PLaneT package specs in "planet/scribble" correct?

I haven't traced the code thoroughly, but if the output of
"syntax-source-planet-package-symbol" will be used as-is for actual
"require" during Scribble formatting... won't the ":MAJOR:MINOR" (not
":MAJOR:=MINOR") version let Scribble use a different version than the
version that the ".scrbl" being formatted is coming from?

I'm asking because McFly currently makes ":MAJOR:=MINOR" version
references itself right now, but I just saw the current advice in the
documentation is to let the "planet/scribble" module do the PLaneT
package self-references for you:
http://doc.racket-lang.org/planet/Developing_Packages_for_PLaneT.html#(part._.Create_.Documentation__.Optional_)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/