[racket] hosts with racket (or PLT-Scheme) support

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 8 08:56:09 EDT 2011

I really like AWS including EC2. Racket runs well on even a "micro"
instance (which IIRC is within the free tier). Just keep in mind that
an EC2 "micro" instance is unlike the other instance types: The CPU
can be allocated dynamically with other micro instances. You can burst
to faster than a "small", but only for a short time (which is
unspecified but in practice seems to be < 10 seconds at a time). Then
you get throttled back for awhile.

That works perfectly fine for a large chunk of web applications, but
anything doing heavy sustained CPU will really want at least a "small"
instance or larger. With all but "micro" you get a dedicated steady
known amount of CPU.