[racket] Keyboard shortcut for switching between definitions area and interactions window

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 7 15:13:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Jos Koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:
> My active keybindings show that control-x means cut.
> That's on windows. Are keybindings platform dependent?

Yes, they are and sorry I wasn't clear. There is one major way in
which they are platform-dependent and a few minor ways. The major was
is that the menu keybinding take precedence over the ordinary buffer
keybindings when they overlap and under windows this happens a lot
since many keybindings we copied from Emacs and so begin with control,
but under windows the menu shortcut prefix is also control. So things
like "c-x;o" get mapped to "cut; insert an 'o'" under windows and
"switch windows" on the mac (where the menu shortcut is a separate
key).

There is a way to disable the keybindings in menus under windows (in
the preferences dialog) that you can use to change this behavior if
you want the Emacs ones to "shine thru".

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.