[racket] which version of DrRacket to download

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 2 09:53:30 EDT 2011

There are some also ancient redhat machines here at Northwestern:

  Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 9)

and I don't think that it is possible to build a recent drracket on
them with the current source code (I believe it is possible to change
the GUI layer so that it is crippled, but in a way that would still
build drracket and let you run it perhaps with uglier fonts and
things).

You might also try with something pre-5.1. You should have a better
shot of that working out of the box. You may need your sysadmins to
help you get some library upgrades done, tho. The thing to look at is
the configure output. If you and they can't interpret it, someone else
here might be able to help, tho (but probably not me, sadly).

Robby