[racket] Sounds in Universe?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 10:20:39 EDT 2011

I am working on a functional interface to dynamic, located sounds.

Here is a little Pong game that uses my interface (and my
OpenGL-accelerated world (60 FPS!) package):

https://github.com/get-bonus/get-bonus/blob/master/games/tennis/tennis.rkt

The crucial difference is that on-tick returns three values:

a new world
a drawing object
a list of sounds

A sound is a function from the world to a sound state or #f. (There
are many combinators that hide this though.) A sound state includes
things like a 2D position, a volume, the sound file, etc.

It uses OpenAL as the sound interface and is only tested on OS X.

I'd like to experiment more (and have others experiment) and then make
it more available.

Jay