[racket] require error

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 13:00:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> `build-vector' is in the core `racket/base'.  To require just it in
> the `eopl' language, you need to use the "raw" require forms, because
> it's based on mzscheme:
>
>  #lang eopl
>  (require (only racket/base build-vector))
>  (require "green.rkt")

This (for now?) seems to have done the trick. Is there a rule I can
actually explain to my students that they can rely on? In other words,
I don't really see how/why requiring racket/base throws an error and
the above does not.

The above is ok if only a few functions are needed. It seems rather
painful if many functions in racket/base are needed.

--

Cheers,

Marco