[racket] Reliably disable/redirect console output

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 17 16:02:57 EDT 2011

It's possible that the output happens when the main module's requires
are executed. Or another module might be capturing the initial output or
error port.

Try creating a new module that sets the ports and then dynamic-requires
your main program:

#lang racket/base
(require racket/port)
(current-output-port (open-output-nowhere))
(dynamic-require "your-main-module.rkt" #f)

A trick for hunting down the source of the output is to create a custom
port (see make-output-port) that always raises an error on write. The
stack trace might help you narrow down the source of the outputs. Simply
closing the initial output port might have the same effect; I haven't
tried it.

Ryan