[racket] Applicaton icon on windows

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Sat Oct 15 17:27:29 EDT 2011

Sorry for asking twice...this is currently a showstopper issue for me.

I need to set a custom icon for an application built with DrRacket. On
OS X this is just a matter of adding an icon and a custom plist to the
bundle, but I've learned that on windows you apparently need to use a
resource hacking tool for this.

However, the problem is that all tools I tried on Windows
(ResourceHacker, IcoFX, etc.) do not seem to work with DrRacket
distribution executables. The best result I've got so far is that the
executable launches but fails to find some embedded collections and
stops in the console, even though the directory structure has not been
changed at all. Does anyone have an idea why?

Another problem is that I also need to set a custom document icon. I
suppose this is done via an installer (like inno setup) by changing the
registry? Can someone confirm his?

I'd really be very happy about any help or pointers to more information!

Best,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.