[racket] Embedded Racket 5.1.3 on Windows

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 5 12:16:08 EDT 2011

At Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:07:58 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> > There was no change related to the stack size, but maybe it has to do
> > with support for places? If you build with `--disable-places' and maybe
> > also `--disable-futures', does it work?
> Thanks. Compiling with these two options made it work. Is this a bug? Or
> should we change something with the embedded code?

It's difficult to say, but it's a good first clue to know that
disabling places+futures worked.

Can you say more about the crash, perhaps something along the lines of
a stack trace?

I wonder whether Fluxus might accidentally call Racket API functions in
a OS thread other than one that was used to initialize Racket. While
calling Racket from a different has never been allowed, it can trigger
a more immediate crash with places/futures enabled (because Racket
state moves thread-local variables instead of plain globals in that
case).

Posted on the users mailing list.