[racket] Poll: Does anybody besides Doug use 'plot'?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 1 15:03:19 EDT 2011

At Sat, 01 Oct 2011 14:18:08 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> >> 2. Make the APIs for the old library and new library not conflict, by
> >> making any necessary changes to the new API, and put both APIs together
> >> in single library named "plot" that users get with "(require plot)".
> >> Document the old API parts as deprecated.
> >
> > I had thought of this, but not seriously checked it out until you
> > suggested it just now.
>
> Sounds like option #2 would be messy and a lot of work -- bogging down
> innovation.

FWIW, this is the option that I usually pick. It's usually some work,
support for the old API is usually less than 100%, and the combination
is always less pretty than a clean slate. At the same time, it's often
a good compromise between progress and backward compatibility.

Posted on the users mailing list.