[racket] Google Challenge

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Nov 24 12:42:13 EST 2011

Matthias Felleisen wrote at 11/24/2011 10:12 AM:
> Is the OO style required?

I believe that OO style is *not* required, per vague statements and
phrasing in
"https://github.com/aichallenge/aichallenge/wiki/Ants-Starter-Pack-Guide".

Looks like the hardest part of writing the starter kit is that the above
page and
"https://github.com/aichallenge/aichallenge/wiki/Ant-bot-input-output"
are very poor as specification.  I suspect that the organizers' source
code could be examined to answer key questions that the documentation
does not (e.g., whether a cell in the grid representation they require
can ever have more than one of {water, food, live ant, dead ant, hill}).

(This is the point at which I switched from thinking "I'll just bang out
a Racket library in an hour, and it will be fun," to "This would be a
good little software archeology exercise for a student, teaching them
ways that poor specification can waste time.")

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/