[racket] Beginner can't get some Macintosh command keys to work

From: Nadeem Abdul Hamid (nadeem at acm.org)
Date: Wed Nov 23 22:28:11 EST 2011

Yes, this seems to happen to me sometimes too. I just tried Cmd+N to
create a new file and it wasn't working; but it worked by selecting
the "New" menu item. It seems to maybe have something to do with
switching desktop "spaces" - because after doing that, the Cmd+N
shortcut doesn't work, reliably.

--- nadeem

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Leonard Cuff <lcuff2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've just resumed my efforts to learn scheme after a long hiatus, and I
> can't seem to get to first base:
> I'm using Racket 5.2 with Macintosh Lion software (version 10.7.2).
>
> Many of the command keys don't seem to work.  Specifically Cmd-R prints an
> r in whatever window I'm in, rather than running.  CMD-N (new) and CMD-T
> (new tab) do not work, even though selecting from the menu gets me a new
> window or a new tab.  Some command keys work - The preferences come up
> with CMD-, Paste works with CMD-V, and save works with CMD-S.  I haven't
> tested everything.
>
> Is this a new bug, or do I have my head screwed on the wrong way or Š
>
> TIA for any and all help.
>
> Leonard

Posted on the users mailing list.