[racket] plot: HOLY MOLEY!

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 12:52:22 EST 2011

On 11/21/2011 04:36 AM, Marijn wrote:
> On 02-11-11 14:55, Laurent wrote:
>>> Which is just absolutely amazing. But then, just on a total
>>> whim, I used the mouse to... grab and turn it ?!??   JAW DROPS
>> Wow, that is cool!
>> For those who want to try that right away, here is a snippet taken
>> from the docs:
>> #lang racket (require plot) (plot3d (list (surface3d (λ (x y) (+
>> (sqr x) (sqr y))) -1 1 -1 1 #:label "z = x^2 + y^2") (surface3d (λ
>> (x y) (- (+ (sqr x) (sqr y)))) -1 1 -1 1 #:color 4 #:line-color 4
>> #:label "z = -x^2 - y^2")))
>> (actually that's a seven-liner ;) )
>> Laurent
> I just tried this fragment on my current git checkout and got:
> inexact->exact: no exact representation for +nan.0
> this is on a x86-64 GNU/Linux box

Is this on stable or master?

On master, I can't replicate that error on my own x86-64 GNU/Linux box.
I just pulled and rebuilt to make sure I had everyone else's latest.

I've had my local repo in a state that would have generated that error.
But I always run my tests before pushing commits, and there's nothing
special about that plot that means I wouldn't have caught that error.
So... I have no idea. Pull the latest and try again?

If it keeps happening, we'll try to get a stack trace or something.

Neil T

Posted on the users mailing list.