[racket] Why internal definitions?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 16 11:29:47 EST 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Jordan Schatz wrote:

>  I feel like a dunce at the moment, but if
> there is something subtle that I'm missing, it seems like a good place
> for bugs to hid, and somewhere where I will want to enforce a coding
> standard so that only one of the forms is used.

No need to feel like that. The differences are extremely subtle, concerning the text of error messages and on extremely rare occasions the timing of the discovery.

Feel free to use either one w/o noticing for years and years.

(Shriram conducted a what-should-have-been-a-private dialogue with me on the mailing list. Sorry)

Posted on the users mailing list.