[racket] DrRacket needs work

From: Raoul Duke (raould at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 14 01:23:06 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> When you do this in Eclipse, what exact steps do you follow?  And what
> does Eclipse do in response?  Can you show an example?

i do it in emacs usually if we are talking about being able to
evaluate chunks. when using clojure or scala or elisp or bigloo or
some ml or erlang or or or other.

i do not like eclipse for the most part in lots of ways. but it pays
the bills, as it were. :-( when i'm using eclipse, it is because i'm
doing java. that doesn't tend to lend itself to repls or evaluation. i
have sometimes tried using e.g. CAL or Scala in eclipse and those -- i
think -- had repls of some sort. heaven only knows how well they
worked or what the experience was like, i forget, but at the very
least it must not have been good because i don't remember it being
good, and i would have recalled if it was good.

sincerely.

Posted on the users mailing list.