[racket] article about Racket

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sat Nov 12 21:28:37 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Raoul Duke <raould at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>> That's an amazing statement.
>
> in my experience which is now out of date, it was that i felt the ide
> was like something from the 70s when it comes to the usability /
> intuitiveness of it. it seemed weird and modal and confusing and just
> not something that came across quickly and easily.

The 15 or so developers that I know personally who tried out DrRacket
at my recommendation all complained about the UI. "It is a toy." and
"Does anyone actually use this?" were a running theme. I told them
that I use it and it is pretty amazing; perhaps I need to work on my
sales skills.

Posted on the users mailing list.