[racket] article about Racket

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 12 09:53:44 EST 2011

On Nov 12, 2011, at 12:19 AM, Raoul Duke wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
>> That's a topic for a different discussion thread, but... I'm guessing some
>> factors that would affect this comparative assessment:
>>
>> (1) How much experience and skill one has with each.
>> (2) What kind of work one is doing.
>> (3) What preconceived notions one has about how such work should be done.
>
> probably true, i shouldn't discount it.
>
> (but it still probably needs ui rework. ;-)

That's an amazing statement.

A couple of weeks ago I gave a talk to 60 researchers, who -- among other
things -- devote their work to supporting DSLs and NONE of them are
parenthetical people. During the Q&A part at the end, someone asked whether
DrRacket supported refactoring methods such as renaming and whether it
would support the same refactoring for DSLs. I suspected I knew the
answer but didn't know for sure. So I opened DrRacket, typed in a
Racket program, showed refactoring, turned it into a Typed program,
and .. volia refactoring automatically worked. Nobody had done anything
about it, the tools just 'commute' with the DSLs.

Show me another eco system where that works. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.