[racket] Racket on Netbook (Windows 7 Starter)?

From: pablo (r at uzy.me)
Date: Sat Nov 5 17:54:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Asa Packer <Asa.Packer at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is anybody using Racket on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter?  Does it
> work OK?  I'm trying to figure out how much I need to spend on a machine for
> my son to use Racket on...

I usually don't use DrRacket but Racket itself runs fine on a EeePC
701, which is for sure less powerful than any netbook you can buy
today (the EeePC has a 900MHz proc (which seems to be underclocked to
630MHz) and only 512MB of ram !).

I just tried to launch DrRacket and it seems to be fine and usable,
even on the the small 7" screen.

Having said that, I suppose that the fact that I'm not running Windows
but a light GNU/Linux distribution can make a difference.

--
Pablo.
http://pablo.rauzy.name/