[racket] syntax coloring issue?

From: Adam Shaw (adamshaw at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 2 17:27:54 EDT 2011

Greetings --

My students have alerted me to an apparent syntax-coloring problem in DrRacket.

Try typing this file -- you have to type *the second line first*, then go up to a prior line and type *any three Greek letters* (not necessarily distinct) --

;; ααα
;; something is funny with this line

(Those are Greek alphas, in case they're not showing up in anyone's mail reader.)

This seems to break syntax coloring.

The student who alerted me to this is using DrRacket 5.1.3 on Windows Vista. I have also run it on my machine -- DrRacket 5.1.3 + Mac OS 10.6 -- and found some odd behavior (although apparently different odd behavior).

Regards,

Adam