[racket] Remapping default character behavior in make-readtable

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 31 22:57:09 EDT 2011

The `read/recursive' and `read-syntax/recursive' functions accept a
readtable to use for the immediate read action, while nested reads use
the `current-readtable' parameter. That's intended as a general
chaining mechanism. Can you get the behavior you want by using those
functions?

At Tue, 31 May 2011 14:29:29 -0400, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> The make-readtable function allows me to remap individual characters
> to new behaviors, and to remap the default behavior of unmapped
> characters to new behavior.  It also allows me to remap individual
> characters to the behavior of another readtable (such as the default
> readtable).  I cannot, however, remap the default behavior of unmapped
> characters to the behavior of another readtable.  (The same
> restriction appears to hold for "dispatch macro" mappings.)  Is there
> a way to do this that I have missed?  If not, could this ability be
> added?
>
> Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.