[racket] linking to planet packages in scribble?

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 31 13:34:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> 15 minutes ago, Danny Yoo wrote:
>>
>> However, I don't like this because this is too specific on the minor
>> version.  I tried to weaken this to just use the major number, but
>> with the expected failure:
>>
>>     raco setup: WARNING: undefined tag in /home/dyoo/work/moby/manual.scrbl:
>>     raco setup:  (mod-path "(planet dyoo/js-vm:1)")
>>

>> What makes me uncomfortable with tying the documentation to a
>> specific major/minor version of a PLaneT package is its fragility:
>> the link will break whenever I release a new minor version of a
>> package.
>
> I think that this is something that Carl wrote code for (which will
> make it use whatever version you currently have), and Ryan recently
> moved to planet.

My code is for a planet package referring to itself.  I don't have any
tools for one package referring to another; I don't know how to
"automatically" pick the right version.  I think the problem here is
that Scribble's indexing links are too specific, and do not take
Planet's version flexibility into account.

--Carl

Posted on the users mailing list.