[racket] in praise of if's mandatory else clause

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 29 15:17:31 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> Also, I doubt the programmers would have made these oopses, had they been
> using recent DrRacket, which does paren-matching that's hard to ignore.  I'm
> probably going to make Quack force more prominent paren-matching than Emacs
> does by default.  I'll also probably add my M-arrow sexp movement key
> bindings to Quack, to encourage sexp-based movement.

I thought Quack already did this (I use it all the time), but I found
this in my .emacs:

;;
;; Redefine basic sexp movement for stupid Emacs 21
;;
(define-key global-map [(meta left)] 'backward-sexp)
(define-key global-map [(meta right)] 'forward-sexp)

So they've been there for a while...

These days I use paredit.el (in addition to Quack and Geiser) which
does the sexp editing thing really well.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.