[racket] Temporary Definitions with ellipses

From: SCIAMACHIST (lewiswatmore at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 24 14:25:21 EDT 2011

Lewis Watmore

Hello,
     I am a "noob" so if this is the wrong place for my
question, please direct me to somewhere more appropriate.

     In the DrScheme Companion at "3.3 Finger Exercises on
Composing Functions" it is stated that you can create temporary
definitions using an ellipsis in this manor:

     (define (feet->yards f) ...)

--where the ellipsis "is a legal Scheme name. DrScheme does not
attempt to determine the meaning of a name until necessary."

But DrRacket does not allow this usage. I get this error
message: "...: ellipses not allowed as an expression in: (...)"
     Is there an alternative other than commenting-out
unfinished definitions?

Thanks

Posted on the users mailing list.