[racket] Getting started with R6RS

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat May 14 15:27:29 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> Perhaps I should put it this way: if you're looking for interesting stuff in
> programming language technology, I think you should be looking at "Racket"
> instead of "Scheme" anyway.   "Scheme" is old, and not where the interesting
> evolution that descended from Scheme is happening.

I'd put this a bit differently:

Racket will teach you all the things that Scheme would have (i.e., it
would have the same contribution to your growth as a programmer), but
also much more because of the many things it has that Scheme doesn't
have.  You could stop at the "end of Scheme", or you can keep going.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.