[racket] stop IE8 on Win7 blocking Help Desk search

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 6 15:57:56 EDT 2011

Four minutes ago, Jordan Schatz wrote:
> This is the only way I am aware of to get IE to automatically run JS
> in local files:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749149(WS.10).aspx
> (keep reading, it starts there but the important bit is a couple
> paragraphs down)

There are two things there, which both don't work: one is to disable
the whole thing, which means that you give up all proection making it
a non-solution.  The other (the "Mark of the Web" ridiculousness)
seemed like a promising direction, but I remember that there were some
bad issues with that too.

[IMO, they could have made things much better by making all local
pages behave as if they had that mark thing (which makes it impossible
to lead to security issues like reading local files), and only pages
that need more access would lead to asking the user for permission.
It seems like that would have been easier, since it makes the whole
local machine zone lockdown unnecessary...]