[racket] different text colors in Redex traces nodes?

From: Casey Klein (clklein at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed May 4 06:30:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Stephen Chang <stchang at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> When using Redex, for the traces nodes, is there any way to specify
> how to color the text in each node? For example, I want to be able to
> quickly identify the redex in each step by giving it a different
> color. I looked in the docs and it seems like there are ways to color
> the background and the arrows and the arrow labels, but not the actual
> text of each node. Is that right?

Yes, that's right.

The Redex stepper does something like what you want. It does an
s-expression diff to determine what to highlight.

That strategy is sometimes useful but other times leads to distracting
highlights. If you have another idea for how to determine what to
highlight, I'd be interested.

Posted on the users mailing list.