[racket] Scribble change, especially affects `scribble/sigplan'

From: David Bremner (bremner at debian.org)
Date: Thu Mar 31 12:24:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:58:47 -0400, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> An hour ago, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > No. We have permission from CUP and SIGPLAN to distribute the style
> > files, so we need to add something that indicates our license to
> > distribute them.
>
> IIUC, the problem is more than just allowing it to be distributed with
> racket -- it's allowing derivative work too.  (David will probably
> know more about that.)

Eli is correct here, everything in Debian main allows the creation and
distribution of derivative works.  Software and documentation are
treated the same in this respect.

At the moment I'm just stripping collects/scribble/jfp,
collects/scribble/sigplan from the Debian packages (which I am _finally_
going to re-upload in the next day or so). I can add them back if some
licensing info changes.

P.S. Thanks for all of your efforts in clarifying some of these
licensing issues. I know I have mainly been bugging Eli, but I know that
there is some ripple effect ;)

Posted on the users mailing list.