[racket] Can raco exe assign a name other than "racket"?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 26 12:14:18 EDT 2011

I'm not sure if this is a Linux or Racket question or both.

$ raco exe -o foo foo.rkt
$ ./foo &
$ ps  #shows it as "racket" not as "foo".
$ top  #shows it as "racket" not as "foo".

Is there way I can make it show up as "foo"?

So e.g if I have 2 Racket programs running at once, I can see "foo"
and "foo2" in ps or top and tell them apart, vs. two "racket"s?

>From the docs I understand:
"The raco exe command embeds a module, from source or byte code, into
a copy of the racket executable. (Under Unix, the embedding executable
is actually a copy of a wrapper executable.) The created executable
invokes the embedded module on startup."

And I understand that ps -F will show the command-line (well, more of
it). Then it looks like "<path>/./foo - X <truncated>".

But from ps -F I also see that yum-updatesd which is a script run by
Python somehow manages to show itself as "yum-updatesd" (not "python")
in ps or top. Is there a way to do the same with Racket?

Posted on the users mailing list.